Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
*** Your next festival: The St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' is less than 3 weeks away and will be held from 16-18 March 2017 ***
We're pleased to announce that our 2017 theme for the St Neots and St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festivals will be the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
The St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival will be held at the
Priory Centre, PE19 2BH from Thursday 16 to Saturday 18 March 2017.
The opening times will be:
- Thu 16 Mar - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Fri 17 Mar - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Sat 18 Mar - Noon to 10 pm
Put the dates in you diary now!
We have ordered more than 70 real ales, plus 16 ciders and a perry
The beer and cider lists are now online:
Cask & Bottled Beer List - DRAFT - St Neots 2017
Cider and Perry List - St Neots 2017
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee (£2 or £3 for non-CAMRA members only), a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry
Entrance is free for CAMRA members at all times
So your £10 entry package includes the glass deposit and £7 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 16 Mar, with pub awards to be presented at 4 pm. If you are in the trade and would like a complimentary ticket, please contact us at ku.gro.armacstnuh@lavitsef
Sponsor a Cask!
Please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you would like to sponsor a cask or if you have any questions about the festival. For more information on St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Monday 20th February, 20:06 : For all #cider & perry drinkers, the list for #BOTO Priory Ctr #StNeots 16-18 March is now on our website hunts.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Sunday 19th February, 13:20 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: Please beware and RT: this is a fraud. Unlike the Good Pub Guide, the Good Beer Guide NEVER charges for entries. twitter.com/MCRCentralCamr…
- Monday 20th February, 01:02 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: How to look like you know more about beer than you really do telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter… via @TelegraphMen
- Sunday 19th February, 17:37 : DRAFT Beer List for #BOTO Priory Ctr #StNeots 16-18 March is now on our website. There will be some changes! hunts.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Tuesday 14th February, 07:48 : RT @huntspost: Village pub set to re-open after community group steps in with offer. Read more: huntspost.co.uk/news/village_p… pic.twitter.com/WR1BtEdlmM
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:30 : We're looking for volunteers to be a special part of our event and lend a hand. Interested? camraagm.org.uk/volunteer
- Saturday, 18:20 : The @LDbeerfest is coming! All draught beers will be from the London Brewers Alliance or brewed in the city: ow.ly/rYze309hBmw
- Saturday, 13:30 : The UK pays the second highest rate of beer duty across the EU, that's why we're calling for a 1p cut to beer duty: ow.ly/QnFJ308QsLy
- Saturday, 10:50 : CAMRA is calling on Northern Ireland Assembly candidates to pledge support for brewers and beer drinkers: ow.ly/2c56309f54v @camra_ni
- Friday, 19:10 : Who will it be? @gndhudswell @sallyatham @StanfordArmsPub or The Swan with Two Necks #POTY