Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
In 2016, we will be commemorating the 400th anniversary of the death of England's national poet and greatest playwright, William Shakespeare. So whether your favourite is 'Much A Brew About Nothing' or 'The Merry Shives of Windsor', come along to our Beer and Cider Festivals and raise a glass or two to The Bard's complete works with us!
|*** Your Next Festival is in St Ives from 6-8 October 2016 ***
The St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival will be held at the
Burgess Hall, PE27 6WU from Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th October.
The planned opening times are:
- Thu 06 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Fri 07 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Sat 08 Oct - Noon to 10 pm
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will also be offered. This covers the entry fee (as applicable), a glass deposit (£3.00), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar.
For more information on St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Friday, 13:51 : If you're heading to @BoroBeerFest today, meet up with Hunts Branch by Bar 7 (Nene Valley) from about 7.00 pm
- Friday, 13:45 : MerchantHouse #StIves relaunch tonight by team from RoyalOak. ‘Real Ale, Real Ciders and Belgium Beers’ 2 beers NVB & Wolf will be on
- Wednesday, 18:07 : RT @BoroBeerFest: Congratulations to @FyneAles gold award overall winner with Jarl. Second goes to @drygate 7 Peaks, third @NeneValleyBrew Release the chimps
- Tuesday 16th August, 12:56 : RT @BoroBeerFest: Our festival programme is now available to view online issuu.com/beeraroundere/… or pick up your free copy when you visit #pbf2016
- Tuesday 16th August, 12:55 : Branch meeting today starting at 8:15pm in Buckden Village Club, Burberry Rd PE19 5UY. All CAMRA members welcome
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 12:00 : We've just released the much-anticipated new edition of Britain’s Best Real Heritage Pubs ow.ly/1y9g303uBDb pic.twitter.com/fAUdrFN2TZ
- Monday, 22:29 : RT @CRRosenstiel: @BBCRadio4 World Tonight @camcitco used Article 4 directions to protect its pubs several years ago. What kept Wandsworth? @CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 19:14 : RT @lathkilhotel: @CAMRA_Official why not head out to the #peakdistrict for our #BeerFestival? #realale #livemusic #pubinthepeaks pic.twitter.com/0zwXudMuYC
- Tuesday, 08:00 : Find out why the @shfCAMRA are campaigning to save the University Arms ow.ly/G9bj303uyHG
- Monday, 17:58 : RT @TheNarrows13: @PrescottAles @WhiteHorseBrew @Adnams @SharpsBrewery @westberksbrew @CAMRA_Official today's ales pic.twitter.com/e6M1RAFL5E