Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
We're pleased to announce that our 2017 theme for the St Neots and St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer Festivals will be the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Thursday, 10:47 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Lords to debate change in pub planning laws @LordRoyKennedy via @morningad ow.ly/32j63089jrC
- Monday, 09:20 : RT @pintsandpubs: New Wetherspoon pub in St Ives #cambridgeshire the Swan & Angel opening April 4th pic.twitter.com/ZTO5p2HKku
- Thursday 12th January, 17:00 : RT @cambeerfest: The 21st Cambridge Winter Ale Festival opens a week from now #cwaf pic.twitter.com/37RWPjI19V
- Tuesday 10th January, 18:55 : Branch meeting in the Merchant House in St Ives this evening starting at 8:15pm. All CAMRA members welcome
- Friday 6th January, 20:05 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Research confirms that going to the pub is good for your wellbeing - so let's cheers to that! itv.com/news/2017-01-0…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:12 : Seems the scammers are up to tricks again. CAMRA's Good Beer Guide does not charge for entries or updates - be careful out there.
- Friday, 11:11 : A petition has been started to help save The Limes Public House in Merstham, which can be signed here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Thursday, 16:42 : Sadly neither @Greyman49 or his hi-vis vest credited, but well done @mancsbeerfest for ITV appearance.
- Thursday, 10:47 : Lords to debate change in pub planning laws @LordRoyKennedy via @morningad ow.ly/32j63089jrC
- Thursday, 10:46 : The Half Moon Inn, a 150 year-old pub in Balcombe, is due to become the first community-owned pub in West Sussex… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…