Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
In 2016, we will be commemorating the 400th anniversary of the death of England's national poet and greatest playwright, William Shakespeare. So whether your favourite is 'Much A Brew About Nothing' or 'The Merry Shives of Windsor', come along to our Beer and Cider Festivals and raise a glass or two to The Bard's complete works with us!
|*** Your Next Festival is in St Ives from 6-8 October 2016 ***
The St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival will be held at the
Burgess Hall, PE27 6WU from Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th October.
The planned opening times are:
- Thu 06 Oct - 5 to 11 pm
- Fri 07 Oct - Noon to 11 pm
- Sat 08 Oct - Noon to 10 pm
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will also be offered. This covers the entry fee (as applicable), a glass deposit (£3.00), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar.
For more information on St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday 18th June, 11:53 : RT @stpetersale: Armed forces day at St Neots Regatta Meadows - 4 real ales on the Real Ale Bar - all £2.50 a pint !! pic.twitter.com/gDyiuRfesE
- Monday 13th June, 15:31 : RT @ElgoodsBrewery1: BRING YOUR PICNIC BASKET & A CHAIR ON SUNDAY 19TH JUNE FOR JAZZ IN THE BREWERY GARDEN. GREAT FATHER'S DAY TREAT! pic.twitter.com/Xk7TeeT7FX
- Wednesday 15th June, 09:16 : RT @BeerDayBritain: Good morning Beerios - Hoppy National Beer Day. Thank you for your white hot enthusiasm - Twitter is on fire this morning! #CheersToBeer
- Tuesday 7th June, 11:01 : Open Branch meeting tonight 8.15 pm at the Mermaid, Ellington. This will be in the marque in their garden. Hope to see you there.
- Saturday 4th June, 12:36 : Thanks to Digfield Ales for a great trip round the brewery. And some lovely beer too! pic.twitter.com/XvC6xKpqk1
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 11:45 : RT @Frosty66: @WeltonsBrewery Googly 4.3% golden grassy citrus fruity hoppy 10 different hops @CAMRA_Official @craftbeerriseuk pic.twitter.com/tLaLSzzfup
- Wednesday, 12:30 : The #CBoB awards have been a part of the #GBBF for 38 years! Come and see who gets crowned #CBoB winner 2016 ow.ly/H6VE301KzZR
- Tuesday, 18:06 : In support of our Friends on Tap report, @mikejwood speaks about moderate drinking in a social environment being good for mental wellbeing.
- Tuesday, 18:02 : All Party Beer Group Chair, @agriffithsmp urges government to look again at the validity of the evidence on the alcohol guidelines.
- Tuesday, 17:17 : Thanks @Byron_Davies for speaking about CAMRA and Oxford Uni's Friends on Tap report, which highlight the importance of pubs and wellbeing