Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our theme for 2016 was a commemoration of the 400th anniversary of the death of England's national poet and greatest playwright, William Shakespeare. We have some ideas for a new theme for 2017, but would welcome your suggestions. Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef with your best ideas before the end of October.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Friday, 19:29 : The Anchor in Little Paxton has reopened under new management. Two real ales on and tasting good.
- Sunday 27th November, 12:56 : RT @redbrewery: Red Brewery at #stneotschristmaslights today, two draught ales and Christmas gift packs available
- Wednesday 19th October, 17:48 : Two branch events this week: Quiz Night, Falcon, Huntingdon, 19:30 Fri21Oct. Post-fest social, RoyalOak, StIves, from 14:00 Sat22Oct
- Wednesday 12th October, 20:45 : RT @cambeerfest: The British beer list for #camoctfest is up at cambridgebeerfestival.com/cof/10/beer - open on Friday at 5pm
- Wednesday 12th October, 14:46 : RT @huntspost: Plans will give ‘eyesore’ hotel a facelift. Read more: huntspost.co.uk/news/plans_wil…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 15:01 : Are you looking for some great gift ideas? Spread some cheer this Xmas and visit the CAMRA gift shop!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 12:01 : It’s your last chance to catch author @geoffbrandwood @pigsearcamra He will be there today from 5-6pm ow.ly/OYS4306n3cU
- Friday, 10:11 : A great night at the @Britbeerwriters awards last night! Congrats to all the winners! pic.twitter.com/AmfF8nhtsE
- Friday, 07:25 : RT @StevenLBell: .@CAMRA_Official says tourism and a strong microbrewery sector could be why Cumbria's pubs are bucking the trend of… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Wednesday, 16:00 : UNESCO recognised Belgium beer as an intangible cultural heritage! To celebrate we are offering GBG Belgium for £7… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…