This website is moving. Please change your bookmark/favourite to www.hunts.camra.org.uk
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For more information on CAMRA nationally have a look at the National CAMRA web-site.
If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. This web site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA), and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map), You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Newsletter), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries), and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Beer Festivals).
Hunts CAMRA Pub Awards 2014
The King of the Belgians is the Hunts CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014. The awards were presented during the Press and Trade Preview at the St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer and Cider Festival. Pub Awards 2014 for a full list of awards and winners.
|"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals|
The St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival
will be held at the Burgess Hall, St Ives, from Thursday 9th to Saturday 11th October. Festival Details
Thu 9 Oct 5 to 11 pm, Fri 10 Oct noon to 11 pm, Sat 11 Oct noon to 10 pm.
Join our Cider Trail! Visit great pubs! Drink great cider & perry! Support local community pubs! Support local cider producers! Win prizes donated by Cromwell Cider! Click this link to download the form and get more details - Cider Trail 2014.
The BikeBus Explorer: This novel service is perfect for sampling the pubs along the A603 corridor west of Cambridge. It is planned to be launched on July 27, to serve villages west of Cambridge on Sundays and bank holidays. BikeBus Explorer Timetable
CAMRA Email List
If you are a member of CAMRA and you live in the old county of Huntingdonshire, please subscribe to this group to get up to date news about Real Ale in Huntingdonshire, including local beer festivals, pub and brewery/beer news, social trips, meetings, campaigns and the branch website. Subscribe to our email list by sending an email to ku.oc.spuorgoohay@ebircsbus-stnuharmac.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Friday, 11:00 : Pig and Hog St Neots ale fests continue to 23Jul. 30 ales/ciders each day, 40p off ales during day.
- Tuesday 1st July, 17:06 : Fancy a beer this evening? Come along to our branch meeting, 8:30 in the White Swan, Bluntisham
- Tuesday 1st July, 12:47 : RIP Bob Jones. CAMRA strategy director & West Midlands PCC dies aged 59. bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan…
- Thursday 19th June, 09:52 : Meet the Bateman's Brewer at PigNfalcon St Neots this evening. Also World Cup on 3 screens in outside shelters
- Wednesday 11th June, 19:18 : RT @nh_camra: This year we have a special luxury for #RealCider drinkers — cider cooling! Keeping your cider cool & refreshing! :) http://tpic.twitter.com/MS4wibRits
National CAMRA News
- Government Announces Pub Company Reform: CAMRA Celebrate Campaign Win!
Thousands of licensees will be protected from unfair business practices in the pub industry and our nation's pubs protected following today’s Government announcement which unveils plans for a Pubs Adjudicator
- Listen: York publican speaks out on pub company reform
In a podcast interview broadcast last week, York CAMRA member Nick Love speaks with licensee Paul Crossman to discuss the “desperate need” for pubco reform. You can listen to the
- 2014 European Election results a hit for beer drinkers
Last week the European Parliament Election results were announced, with 24 of the 73 newly elected MEPs pledging support for community pubs, real ale and consumer rights in Europe. Among
- Petition delivered to Government on pubco reform
Thanks to the overwhelming response from CAMRA members, activists and licensees, our petition calling on the Government to "End the Great British Pub Scandal" secured over 44,000 signatures before being
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 21:35 : RT @keogh_jp: Loving my new @CAMRA_Official Mobile Good Beer Guide App. Best £4.99 I spent in a long time.
- Saturday, 15:20 : The @gbbf beer list and beer selector is now live! Visit beer.gbbf.org.uk to create your custom beer list today.
- Friday, 19:59 : RT @Deliflavour: @CAMRA_Official big range of #leicestershire n local bottle cond ales @thesilverarcade delicatessen spread the word! http:pic.twitter.com/AAyxw82fpa
- Friday, 19:58 : RT @WirrAleDrinker: @CAMRA_Official please RT Coming to #TheOpen ? Explore the friendly local #pubs close to the @RLGCHoylake #Hoylake: htwhatpub.com/search?q=CH47+…
- Friday, 15:56 : RT @LGiU: Endangered pubs - in pictures. Check how communities & councils are working to save them @CAMRA_Official ow.ly/zg1H9 #localgov