Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
General Election 2017
The UK will go to the polls for the General Election on Thursday 8 June. We need your help to ensure that your local candidates know how important beer and pubs are to you as a potential voter. To find out more, please click on the link to our General Election 2017: CAMRA's manifesto page. There you can view the full manifesto, contact your local candidates and see a list of which candidates have signed up so far.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
The next festival will be the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival from Thu 19 to Sat 21 Oct 2017
Put the dates in you diary now!
Our 2017 theme is the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday 24th May, 10:20 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Good news! Legislation to remove Permitted Development Rights for all pubs in England came into force yesterday: ow.ly/ShOp30bW3ld
- Thursday 18th May, 16:09 : RT @andysimmo88: 12 years of Tesco as owners and here we go again ........ My campaigning boots are well worn and firmly ON Tescos !… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Thursday 18th May, 18:33 : Thank you @cllrbridget NW Cambs LibDem candidate #GE2017 for supporting CAMRA's manifesto for beer & pubs #pledgeforpubs
- Thursday 18th May, 14:50 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Find out whether your local #GE2017 candidates have signed the pledge by visiting camra.org.uk/pledgeforpubs
- Monday 15th May, 14:37 : Congratulations to the King of the Belgians in Hartford. Just announced as Cambridgeshire Pub of the Year 2017! #POTY
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 10:35 : It's easy to ask your #GE2017 candidates to #pledgeforpubs. Just visit camra.org.uk/pledgeforpubs and follow the instr… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday, 10:30 : Combine camping by the sea and beer at one of our festivals this summer, ft @FalBeerFest, Clacton-on-Sea + Chappel: ow.ly/6urH30bRBhf
- Friday, 16:15 : Have you had a chance to read the @UKIP Manifesto? Here are our thoughts on how it affects pubs: ow.ly/lYqq30c4sDE
- Thursday, 13:05 : Looking for a new venue for your next client meeting or staff away day? Why not consider @gbbf: ow.ly/dwI230bNQ3S #GBBF
- Thursday, 11:10 : It's official - the law has now changed to protect pubs in the planning system. Find out more: ow.ly/ShOp30bW3ld