Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
Our theme for 2016 was a commemoration of the 400th anniversary of the death of England's national poet and greatest playwright, William Shakespeare. We have some ideas for a new theme for 2017, but would welcome your suggestions. Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef with your best ideas before the end of October.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Wednesday 19th October, 17:48 : Two branch events this week: Quiz Night, Falcon, Huntingdon, 19:30 Fri21Oct. Post-fest social, RoyalOak, StIves, from 14:00 Sat22Oct
- Wednesday 12th October, 20:45 : RT @cambeerfest: The British beer list for #camoctfest is up at cambridgebeerfestival.com/cof/10/beer - open on Friday at 5pm
- Wednesday 12th October, 14:46 : RT @huntspost: Plans will give ‘eyesore’ hotel a facelift. Read more: huntspost.co.uk/news/plans_wil…
- Saturday 8th October, 09:51 : Final day of #StIves BoozeOnTheOuse open from noon with 60+ beers & lots of ciders still on. Come early for the best choice
- Thursday 6th October, 10:14 : #StIves BoozeOnTheOuse opens at noon today. New this year: Oddfellows chocolate & the Cheese & Pieman!
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 16:28 : Beer/pub writers @BoakandBailey are looking for people who bought the original 1974 CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, 12:25 : RT @PortmanGroup: Harmful drinking down 29%, most significant decline among younger age groups. No reference to these trends… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- Tuesday, 12:15 : RT @PortmanGroup: Nuances in reported binge drinking among all age groups. Overall decline in all 16+ 05-14 and 34% decrease in young… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- Tuesday, 11:34 : RT @PortmanGroup: Our statement on today’s women’s drinking headlines: tinyurl.com/hzbf5px @mcdermott_n @GurpreetNarwan
- Tuesday, 11:50 : AIP talks sense about badly reported report into male vs female drinking: alcoholinfopartnership.co.uk/2016/10/25/hea…