Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. If you want an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, have a look at the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
In 2016, we are commemorating the 400th anniversary of the death of England's national poet and greatest playwright, William Shakespeare. So whether your favourite is 'Much A Brew About Nothing' or 'The Merry Shives of Windsor', come along to our Beer and Cider Festivals and raise a glass or two to The Bard's complete works with us!
|*** Your Next Festival is in St Ives from 6-8 October 2016 ***
The St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival will be held at the
Burgess Hall, PE27 6WU from Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th October.
The opening times are:
- Thu 06 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Fri 07 Oct - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Sat 08 Oct - Noon to 10 pm
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will also be offered. This covers the entry fee of £2 (non-CAMRA members only), a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder (£5) in tokens to spend at the bar.
Entrance is free for CAMRA members at all times, so your £10 entry package includes the glass deposit and £7 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between noon and 5 pm on Thu 06 Oct, with pub awards presented at 4 pm.
Invites are currently being sent out, but if you are in the trade and have not received an invite (by Fri 23 Sep) please contact us at ku.gro.armacstnuh@lavitsef
For more information on St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday 17th September, 15:30 : Branch trip having some nice beers in the Ostrich in Peterborough! pic.twitter.com/ETkPunuB0U
- Friday 16th September, 20:41 : Branch visit to wander round pubs in Peterborough tomorrow. Meet in Brewery Tap at 2pm hunts.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Thursday 15th September, 15:24 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Did you know that there are 470 East Anglian pubs listed in the Good Beer Guide pic.twitter.com/jeh0vAPcYo
- Friday 9th September, 12:11 : Beer & cider fest at Buckden Scout Hut tonight & tomorrow with live music & BBQ hunts.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Monday 29th August, 15:42 : RT @redbrewery: Great week at the St Peters Alehouse Cider Festival - follow our pub for more events @stpetersale
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 14:55 : RT @HeadingtonPlan: Two Headington pubs: @TheWhiteHartH and @TheMasonsArmsHQ retain their places in @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide pic.twitter.com/dovKtxUjl2
- Thursday, 18:13 : RT @ValleysFACE: Congratulations to our very own @Tudorbrewery on receiving yet another Award @CAMRA_Official #TheBest
- Thursday, 20:15 : RT @StLukesPlymouth: @CAMRA_Official #Plymouth #BeerandCiderFestival this Fri & Sat @AlbionRFC in aid of St Luke's. 60 ales, 20 ciders/p… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- Thursday, 22:48 : RT @partyfairy: Awesome news, 20p off a pint for @CAMRA_Official members :) twitter.com/WheatsheafThor…
- Friday, 08:02 : RT @DBOLOGH: Chuffed to get my Beer Appreciation Training Certificate. Very smart @CAMRA_Official @selcamra @ChristineCryne pic.twitter.com/JY8MnbliiG