Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
*** The St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival is on now (16-18 March) ***
We're pleased to announce that our 2017 theme for the St Neots and St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festivals will be the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
The St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse' Beer & Cider Festival will be held at the
Priory Centre, PE19 2BH from Thursday 16 to Saturday 18 March 2017.
The opening times will be:
- Thu 16 Mar - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Fri 17 Mar - Noon to 10:30 pm
- Sat 18 Mar - Noon to 10 pm
Put the dates in you diary now!
We have ordered more than 70 real ales, plus 18 ciders and a perry
The beer and cider lists are now online:
Cask & Bottled Beer List - St Neots 2017
Cider and Perry List - St Neots 2017
No advance sales - Tickets will be available on the door only
To reduce queues and improve service, a token system will again be used for all purchases at the bar (beer, cider, wine and snacks).
A £10 entry package will be offered. This covers the entry fee (£2 or £3 for non-CAMRA members only), a glass deposit (£3), with the remainder in tokens to spend at the bar. Extra tokens can also be purchased on entry
Entrance is free for CAMRA members at all times
So your £10 entry package includes the glass deposit and £7 of bar tokens!
Our trade session will be held between 2 and 5 pm on Thu 16 Mar, with pub awards to be presented at 4 pm. Complimentary tickets are being distributed with your delivery of our Opening Times magazine. However, if you have not received yours and are in the trade (pub, bar, brewery or distributor) and would like one, please contact us at ku.gro.armacstnuh@lavitsef
Sponsor a Cask!
Please contact ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you would like to sponsor a cask or if you have any questions about the festival. For more information on St Neots 'Booze on the Ouse', see Festival Details
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Sunday 19th March, 02:34 : A great big thank you to everyone who came to #BOTO @HuntsCAMRA and also to our fantastic volunteers. See you all next time 🍻
- Saturday 18th March, 08:47 : We expect to open our last day at #BOTO with around 60 beers pouring including 6 or more new beers! hunts.camra.org.uk/festivals
- Saturday 18th March, 08:42 : Come along to the 3rd and final day of #BOTO @HuntsCAMRA at The Priory Centre the earlier you come the better the choice of beers 🍻
- Friday 17th March, 19:22 : RT @HuntsCAMRA: @HuntsCAMRA I may be able to shed some light on the matter!!! @Titanic_Brewers
- Friday 17th March, 18:31 : We regret to announce that Titanic Plum Porter is no more at #BOTO Do you Know anything about this Ms Ferris?
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 13:49 : RT @ProtectPubs: @CAMRA_Official tweet us your pics with #WinForPubs of the celebrations tonight 🍻🍾 #PubsMatter 🇬🇧💪🏼 pic.twitter.com/S0bKYAsZ4g
- Friday, 16:30 : Sponsors @cpltraining will be on hand to discuss any training needs at the Members' Weekend from 7-9 April
- Friday, 15:36 : RT @Ebcu1: Well done to our largest member @CAMRA_Official in their fight to save pubs from destruction without planning:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 14:35 : This change delivers real protection to pubs, which have had to rely on communities to protect them with ACV's: ow.ly/Nul130adwDF
- Friday, 12:22 : RT @alexmarkcliff: .@CAMRA_Official emails are wonderful - amazing campaign result 🍻🍻 pic.twitter.com/zIxkFumRu3