Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
The next festival will be the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival from Thu 19 to Sat 21 Oct 2017
Our 2017 theme is the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Saturday, 19:46 : Big thank you to all who came along to our AGM this afternoon.
- Saturday, 12:06 : Don't forget-it's our AGM this afternoon at The Falcon, Huntingdon. 2pm followed by a few beers around the town.
- Friday, 21:03 : Branch AGM tomorrow afternoon at The Falcon, Huntingdon. All members welcome. 2 pm start followed by a social.
- Wednesday 19th April, 12:27 : RT @huntspost: Micro brewery raising a glass in Europe. Read more: huntspost.co.uk/news/business-… pic.twitter.com/ru8HsaUaUh
- Tuesday 18th April, 19:15 : RT @katman_999: Another great pub screwed over by a Pubco. Fellows, Morton & Clayton, Nottingham. @ProtectPubs #ProtectPubs nottinghampost.com/historic-fello…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 19:05 : If you're hosting a #MildMonth event this May, don't forget to send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our listings!
- Monday, 08:55 : RT @CAMRABooks: Historic Coaching Inns of the Great North Road by @RogerProtz is now available! Order your copy here today:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday, 12:50 : But it doesn’t end there, @BeerDayBritain has been extended to run over the long weekend until June 18th #CheersToBeer
- Monday, 12:45 : It’s official! @BeerDayBritain is back and will take place on 15 June #CheersToBeer 🍺
- Monday, 09:00 : Happy Monday ! We're back in the office and will be in touch with anyone who has got in touch over the weekend as soon as possible