Welcome to the Huntingdonshire CAMRA website!
This site will show you who the Huntingdonshire Branch of CAMRA are, what we do and how to join in our activities. Here you'll find details of the branch and our campaigning activities (About our Branch), how CAMRA started (History of CAMRA) and the geographical area we cover (Branch Area Map).
You can keep up to date on local pub and brewery news (Opening Times Magazine), read more about our LocAle scheme promoting locally brewed beers, and find details of local pubs that offer Discounts to CAMRA Members. Check out our branch diary for details of meetings and social events (Hunts Branch Diary), listings of local pubs (Local Pubs) and local breweries (Local Breweries) and information about our St Ives and St Neots beer festivals and other local beer festivals (Booze on the Ouse Festivals).
The Campaign for Real Ale is the pub-goers champion. We promote quality beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you! If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs join CAMRA and protect your pleasure. For an introduction to CAMRA, please Start Here. For more information on CAMRA nationally, check out the CAMRA website.
General Election 2017
Thank you to all who contacted their local candidates to let them know how important beer and pubs are to you. Thanks also to all of the candidates who supported our campaign in our local constituencies (Huntingdon, North West Cambridgeshire and South Cambridgeshire). Nationally, 773 candidates pledged support for beer and pubs. Of these, 130 were elected as MPs, which equates to approximately 20% of the House of Commons. You can download the list of elected MPs who supported CAMRA's pledges here.
To quote our National Chairman, Colin Valentine, "Our ongoing successes could not be achieved without CAMRA members taking action to secure the future of the beer and pubs industry for generations to come."
"Booze on the Ouse" Beer & Cider Festivals
The next festival will be the St Ives 'Booze on the Ouse' Festival from Thu 19 to Sat 21 Oct 2017
Put the dates in you diary now!
Our 2017 theme is the 60th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1. This was the first artificial Earth satellite, launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere (similar in size to a firkin of ale!), with four external radio antennae to broadcast radio pulses. To celebrate this, we will be looking to source some beers and ciders with out of this world names!
Please contact us at ku.gro.armac.stnuh@lavitsef if you have any questions about our festivals.
Twitter / HuntsCAMRA
- Tuesday, 07:29 : RT @BoroBeerFest: It's now only 4 weeks until #PBF2017 😀🍺🍺🍺🍺
- Sunday, 10:44 : RT @CambridgeCAMRA: @HuntsCAMRA Thanks for coming to our neck of the woods! Hope you had fun! See you again real soon! 🍻#CambridgeCrawl
- Sunday, 10:07 : Thank you to everyone who joined us for our #cambridgecrawl yesterday. Good to meet some @CambridgeCAMRA members #greatturnout
- Saturday, 13:50 : RT @gbbf: There's still time to get your tickets to #GBBF and be a part of our 40th birthday celebrations!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday, 08:07 : Branch pub crawl this afternoon around Cambridge. First stop Cambridge Blue at 2pm. See you there 🍻
HuntingdonshireCAMRA on Facebook
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 19:35 : RT @gbbf: .@danieljneilson, @RogerProtzBeer + @tinyrebelbrewco are all hosting Tutored Tastings at #GBBF. Get tickets here!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Wednesday, 13:45 : A Market Rent Only option must be introduced in Scotland to allow licensees to buy their beer on the open market: protectourpubs.scot
- Tuesday, 14:39 : Great to see the opening of @holbrookspotted which was supported by @PlunkettFoundat, on @BBCBreakfast:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Monday, 11:04 : RT @NeilBibby: 1 week to go until Last Orders -have your say on my proposed Tied Pubs Bill before 31/7. For more info please visit: protectourpubs.scot
- Monday, 10:30 : The Pubs Code Adjudicator needs to release advice on unclear aspects of the Code, like Market Rent Only lease terms: ow.ly/shIN30dO0xX